Atlantic City, NJ (February 16, 2016) – Tropicana Casino & Resort will once again be home to the Maxwell Football Club as they present their 79th Annual Awards Gala Friday, March 11th, 2016 at 5pm. Over a thousand sports enthusiasts will gather along with professional football’s most respected athletes, coaches and personalities to celebrate the 2015 football season and present the Club’s National Awards during this extraordinary event sponsored by the Judge Group. The Awards will honor excellence at the Professional, Collegiate and High School levels.
2015 Award Winners:
- 79th Annual Maxwell Award – College Player of the Year – Derrick Henry, University of Alabama
- 57th Bert Bell Award – NFL Player of the Year – Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers+
- 27th The Earl “Greasy” Neale Award – NFL Coach of the Year – Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers
- 21st Annual Chuck Bednarik Award – College Defensive Player of the Year– Tyler Matakevich, Temple University
- 27th Annual George Munger Award – MFC Collegiate Coach of the Year – Dabo Swinney, Clemson University
- The Thomas Brookshier Spirit Award– Leadership, Dedication & Inspiration –Captains for the United States Military Academy, Captains for the United States Naval Academy and the Captains for the United States Airforce Academy
- 15th Annual Brian Westbrook Tri-State Player of the Year presented by Philadelphia Insurance Company –MFC Tri‐State Player of the Year Award – Joe Callahan, Wesley College
- 18th Annual MFC Tri-State Coach of the Year presented by Philadelphia Insurance Company – Matt Rhule, Temple University
- 26th Annual Francis “Reds” Bagnell Award – Contributions to the Game of Football – Joe Browne, Executive Vice President, National Football League
- 9th Annual MFC National High School Player of the Year Award presented by adidas– Jacob Eason, Lake Stevens High School
- 31st Annual MFC Jim Henry Award – Tri-State High School Player of the Year – Brandon McIlwain, Council Rock North High School
- 13th Annual Tropicana Broadcast Award – Tony Siragusa, FOX
The event will include a red carpet on the 4th floor of the South Tower at 4:15 p.m. featuring a live broadcast by WEPN, 97.5 The Fanatic. A cocktail reception will be held from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. immediately followed by the Awards Show from 8:15 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. in the Ballroom located on the 4th floor of the North Tower. Tickets start at $300 per person and are limited. Purchase tickets at www.maxwellfootballclub.org or call 215-643-3833.
All tickets are based on availability.
For more information or to book rooms at a discounted rate visit www.maxwellfootballclub.org.
About the Maxwell Football Club
The Maxwell Football Club (MFC) was founded in 1935 and is a registered 501c3 Non-Profit Corporation. The MFC promotes and recognizes excellence at all levels of football from youth leagues through the professional ranks. Each year the MFC offers programs which focus on player and coach development, safety, and player wellness. The Club also presents many of the premiere awards in the football world each year. Membership is open and additional information on the Club can be found at www.maxwellfootballclub.org.
About Tropicana Atlantic City
Tropicana Casino & Resort is a 24-hour gaming destination located on the beach and Boardwalk. Featuring 2,079 rooms and suites and home of The Quarter, a 200,000 square foot entertainment complex, Tropicana is the premier resort in Atlantic City. With 24 restaurants, 25 shops, 18 bars and lounges, 2 pools, an IMAX Theatre and a spa, Tropicana is consistently rated as the “Must-See Attraction” in Atlantic City. Must be 21. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. For more information, visit the official Web site at www.tropicana.net or:
- Facebook- www.facebook.com/tropicanaac
- Twitter- www.twitter.com/TropicanaAC
- YouTube- https://www.youtube.com/user/TropicanaAC
- Instagram- www.instagram.com/TropicanaAC
About Tropicana Entertainment
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. (OTCQB: TPCA) is a publicly traded company that, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates eight casinos and resorts in Indiana, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey and Aruba. Tropicana properties collectively have approximately 7,166 employees, 5,525 rooms, 8,035 slot positions and 304 table games. The company is based in Las Vegas, Nevada. Tropicana is a majority-owned subsidiary of Icahn Enterprises, L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP). To learn more about Tropicana, visit www.Tropicanacasinos.com.