Ribbon Cutting for the Skybridge Connecting The Chelsea Tower with Tropicana Atlantic City to Take Place in May
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ (April 17, 2018) – In July 2017, Tropicana Atlantic City acquired The Chelsea Hotel, located directly across the street on Morris Avenue. Since the acquisition, Tropicana has renovated The Chelsea Tower hotel rooms, and is now ready to debut the Tower’s enhanced non-gaming amenities in time for Memorial Day Weekend.
- Skybridge – A new enclosed pedestrian walkway skybridge connects resort guests to The Chelsea Tower and its hotel rooms, pools, new dining and lounge offerings.
- Cabana Five Bar & Pool Deck – A rooftop pool with full-service bar, poolside dining and cabana rentals. This pool is only for guests age 21+ and will include live entertainment.
- Oasis Pool – The Chelsea Tower’s Oasis Pool is tucked away on the ground level nestled in a quiet and relaxing space adorned with greenery and patio furniture.
- Whiskey Five – Kick back and enjoy a good time in a relaxed setting at the Whiskey Five bar. Sample old-fashioned craft cocktails from the beverage menu while challenging your friends at the billiards table.
- Chelsea Five Gastropub – Tropicana’s new restaurant in The Chelsea Tower offers guests an eclectic dining menu including seafood, steak and pasta options. The restaurant features panoramic ocean views and has an adjacent outdoor terrace lounge where guests can sip on cocktails and enjoy small bites.
- Gilchrist Restaurant – An Atlantic City staple since 1946, Gilchrist now serves their signature blueberry pancakes and simple comfort food at The Chelsea Tower, its fourth and newest location. Locals and tourists alike praise Gilchrist’s hotcakes as being the “best in town.” Gilchrist serves breakfast and lunch daily.
“The Chelsea Tower is a welcome addition to Tropicana Atlantic City,” explained Tony Rodio, Tropicana Entertainment President and Chief Executive Officer. “We were able to take a closed property on the Boardwalk, reinvigorate it, and incorporate it as part of the resort options at Tropicana Atlantic City.”
Since emerging from bankruptcy in 2010, with the capital and support of Icahn Enterprises (controlling shareholder) Tropicana Atlantic City has invested more than $200 million in upgrades, renovations and enhancements across the property ranging from gaming and non-gaming amenities, hotel rooms, restaurants and more.
“Our property now features just under 2,400 hotel rooms, is the home of The Quarter (a 200,000 square foot entertainment complex), 26 restaurants, 25 shops, 20 bars and lounges, 4 pools, an IMAX Theatre and a spa,” stated Steve Callender, General Manager of Tropicana Atlantic City. “The new restaurants and pools in The Chelsea Tower provide our guests with more non-gaming amenities to enjoy this summer.”
Tropicana’s $200 million investment also included a complete renovation of its South Tower guest rooms and suites, completed in early spring.
On Thursday, May 24, Tropicana will host a celebration to unveil the newly renovated South Tower to the public and celebrate the official opening of The Chelsea Tower with a ceremonial ribbon cutting of the Skybridge. The new amenities will be open to the public and resort guests beginning on Friday, May 25. Tropicana’s Memorial Day Weekend celebrations continue with a Boardwalk Block Party and fireworks on Saturday, May 26.
Hotel and dining reservations can be made by calling 1-800-THE-TROP or visit Tropicana.net.
About Tropicana Atlantic City
Tropicana Atlantic City is a 24-hour gaming destination located on the beach and Boardwalk. Featuring just under 2,400 hotel rooms and home of The Quarter, a 200,000 square foot entertainment complex, Tropicana Atlantic City is the premier resort in Atlantic City. With 26 restaurants, 25 shops, 20 bars and lounges, 4 pools, the Tropicana Showroom, an IMAX Theatre and a spa, Tropicana Atlantic City was highlighted as one of the “Coolest Casinos in the World” by PopSugar. Casino Player Magazine has voted the TROP ADVANTAGE® Club as the “Best Players Club”. Since 2013, Tropicana completed over $200 million in renovations, including its spectacular Multimedia Light and Sound Show, the addition of AtlantiCare LifeCenter Fitness, Garces restaurants, renovations to over 900 hotel rooms, casino and more.
Must be 21. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. For more information, visit www.tropicana.net or:
- Facebook- www.facebook.com/TropicanaAC
- Twitter- www.twitter.com/TropicanaAC
- YouTube- www.youtube.com/TropicanaAC
- Instagram- www.instagram.com/TropicanaAC
- Snapchat- @TropicanaAC
About Tropicana Entertainment
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. (OTCQB: TPCA) is a publicly traded company that, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates eight casinos and resorts in Indiana, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey and Aruba. Tropicana properties collectively have approximately 7,166 employees, 5,525 rooms, 8,035 slot positions and 304 table games. The company is based in Las Vegas, Nevada. Tropicana is a majority-owned subsidiary of Icahn Enterprises, L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP). To learn more about Tropicana, visit www.Tropicanacasinos.com.
# # #