Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - Monday, February 29, 2016
Hot Chocolate Specialty Drinks Melt Away Winter Worries at Tropicana
Chocolate lovers will go loco for these cocoa concoctions
FIN and 10 North
What better way to while away a winter day than with a Hazelnut Ghirardelli Hot Chocolate, made with Nutella, brandy and the glorious taste of Frangelico. This tempting treat is topped with whipped cream and served with a chocolate straw for $8. Or try the Salted Caramel Ghirardelli Hot Chocolate, made with Baileys Salted Caramel liqueur, topped with more caramel and sea salt and served with a chocolate straw for $8.
Broadway Burger Bar
Tropicana’s gourmet burger bar serves up hot chocolate five ways, and they are all delicious. Pick your flavor and have it topped with your choice of whipped cream or mini marshmallows. For an extra kick, ask your server to add a shot of your favorite liquor.
- Traditional Hot Chocolate – Milk chocolate and steamed milk. $4.00.
- Snickers Hot Chocolate – Milk chocolate, peanut butter, steamed milk and caramel sauce. $5.00.
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate– Milk chocolate, steamed milk, caramel sauce and sea salt. $5.00.
- Cookies & Cream Hot Chocolate – Milk chocolate, steamed milk and crushed cookies. $5.50.
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate – Milk chocolate, steamed milk, peppermint candy pieces and a candy cane. $5.00.
This is not the cocoa your mom used to make. The Italian S’more at Carmine’s takes traditional hot chocolate and spikes it with Stoli Vanilla and Tuaca, an Italian vanilla liqueur. The masterpiece is then topped with graham cracker chocolate chunks, marshmallows and whipped cream. $10.00.
The Palm Restaurant
Chase the chill with a Peppermint Patty. For this tasty libation, The Palm adds a shot of peppermint schnapps to its house-made hot chocolate recipe. $10.00.
Wipe away the winter blues with a Café Mocha, featuring Cuban coffee fused with traditional Mexican chocolate and topped with whipped cream. $4.00.