The number 8 is perhaps the most misunderstood of all single-digit numbers. The 8 is like the middle child between 7 and 9, constantly being overshadow by its younger, more popular sibling… 7. Stop any person in the street and ask them to choose an odd number between 1 and 10. More often than not, they will pick 7. There are 7 days of the week, 7 deadly sins, 7 wonders of the world, 7 colors of the rainbow, 7 seas, 7 continents – blah, blah, blah. Whoop-Dee-Doo!
But what about the number 8? Why doesn’t it receive the same amount of praise? 8 is a beautiful number on its own; but lay it down and it means infinity (in mathematics and life). Did you know the number 8 portrays harmony and balance? It also symbolizes abundance and power, and eight rhymes with great!
It’s about time the number 8 gets the attention it deserves. So, with it being 8/18/18, we thought it was the perfect time to show some love with these 8 fun facts…
- The Lucky Number 8: Number 8 has long been regarded as the luckiest number in Chinese culture. With pronunciation of ‘Ba’ in Chinese, the number 8 sounds like the word ‘Fa’, which means to make a fortune. We like the sound of that!
- Tropicana Entertainment: Did you know that Tropicana has 8 casino hotels across the country and Aruba? Visit TropicanaCasinos.com.
- Craps: Craps is all about the odds, and the 6 and 8 are decent bets, because only the 7 is rolled more frequently. A bet on that giant 6 and 8 pays even money (bet $5, and if a 6 or 8 is rolled, you win $5), and your bet stays up until a shooter “sevens out.”
- Roulette: Single bet payouts, such as the number 8, work like this. The odds are stated in the form of x to 1, which means you’ll win x dollars for every dollar you’ve bet. For example, the single number bet offers a payout of 35 to 1. If you win, you’ll get your dollar back plus the $35 for the win.
- HOT HOT 8 Slot: Located at the intersection of Palm Walk and the aisle that leads out to The Quarter. You can choose your theme either manually or randomly by selecting 1-8 different games or one game to play on all 8-reel sets, for a total of 4096 ways to win. It also has a progressive jackpot system where all eight of the available jackpots can be won with a single spin
- Boogie Nights: Located in the heart of the Tropicana, Boogie Nights is dedicated to bringing back the magic of the 70’s and 80’s every Friday and Saturday night. Come party with your favorite Boogie Nights characters like Mr. Boogie, Roller Girl, Hula Hoop Girl, Celebrity Impersonators and all of your favorite 70′s and 80′s icons!
- Room 888: Did you know there’s a Room 888 at Tropicana? The room is located on the 8th Floor in the South Tower.
- Steve Callender’s 8 Favorite Things at Tropicana Atlantic City: Steve Callender, General Manager, Tropicana Atlantic City says his 8 favorite things at Tropicana are the hidden door to Okatshe located in the candy store; Escape AC; The Quarter; the fireplace in 10 North Lounge; five sports bars on NFL Sundays; the iconic boardwalk light and sound show; the 5th floor at the Chelsea Tower, including Whiskey Five Bar, Cabana Five Bar & Pool Deck and the Chelsea Five Gastropub; and the Atlantic City Football club soccer team sponsored by the Tropicana.